- SportStars’ 2019-20 NorCal Team Of The Year VOTE
- Lily Freitas | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Female Athlete of the Year
- Prophet Brown | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Male Athlete of the Year
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 3 | Nos. 25-1
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 2 | Nos. 50-26
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 1 | Nos. 75-51
- SAVE STANFORD WRESTLING
- Lindsey Berg’s Volleyball Keys to More Accurate Setting Using the “W”
- Athlete Season Performance Evaluations
- Clutch Par Bags Golf Championship for CSU Fullerton’s Sara Camarena
- Virtual Recruiting 101 | NCVA Helps Host Volleyball Recruiting Webinars
- Deep Punt | CIF Sports Sidelined Until Mid-December
- California College State Wrestling Championships: A Look Back at 1991
- Bryson’s First Pitch: Resorting To Imagination
- West Park: New Education | School To Debut Amid Strange Times
CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Boys Tennis Sectionals
- Updated: April 26, 2019
The California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Sac-Joaquin Section Boys Tennis Sectionals rolls into Roseville May 1-2.
Dale Eckenburg of Rocklin High School serves as the tournament director for both Division I and II rounds where tournament play begins at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1 and at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 2.
Strategic Partnerships bring tournament play to town
Placer Valley Tourism partners with Spare Time Sports Clubs. Their Johnson Ranch Sports Club brings several exciting tennis tournaments to Roseville, starting with the CIF Sectionals.
Then on May 3-5 the United States Tennis Association (USTA) 40+ Districts swings into the courts at Johnson Ranch Sports Club! This exciting adult league tournament will feature men and women players 40 or older from throughout Northern California.
Full Tennis Schedule
Later in the month, on May 18-20 USTA’s prestigious National L2 Ranking Tournament arrives for top ranked junior players in the 12’s & 14’s age division. Chrys Atkinson, Tournament Director, said this is one of the highest rated tournaments in the entire USTA National system. 128 players are competing from throughout the nation.
“It is a privilege and honor to be awarded a tournament of this level. Hosting players at this level takes a lot of effort to do well,” elaborated Atkinson. “We have the best of all worlds at Johnson Ranch. Support from top-notch, experienced tennis staff, a state of the art facility and our partnership with Placer Valley Tourism. Together we put on one of the best national junior tournaments of the year!”
Atkinson also shared how dedicated to tennis Spare Time Clubs are; clearly reflected in the breadth of events they are hosting in May!
“From CIF Sectionals, to USTA District and National Playoffs, we’re is committed to covering this wonderful sport of a lifetime,” added Atkinson.
A USTA Invitation
Through our “Love Your Fit!” campaign, we are offering examples for how anyone can fit tennis in their lifestyle, be fit or fun!
To see our commercial videos and find more information about this campaign, please visit www.loveyourfit.net. If you have a tennis story that would help us in this effort, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our Communications Coordinator, Mylene Martin, at email@example.com with your ideas!