- Volleyball Footwork: Lets Take the Next Step Together
- Spirit Of Sport | A #NeverStop Message By Pat Cruickshank
- Madi Mays Minutemen Softball SportStar of the Week
- SportStars’ Girls Swimming Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Swimmers (’11-’20)
- Shaped By Sports | Tom Costello’s #NeverStop Reflection
- Simpson University Signs Fresno’s Luis Saucedo
- Ben Dillard, Oak Ridge Swimmer – What Would’ve Been
- Hannah Malek, No. 20 | A #NeverStop Basketball Love Story
- YV Soccer- Alejandro Lopez Gets Star Treatment
- CIF Wrestling Medal Count Since 1973 (Individual Champions): Top 25 Schools
- From Callero To Zuardo | One Coach’s #NeverStop Thanks To His Mentors
- Legendary Footprint | Tom Gonsalves Exits St. Mary’s Girls Hoops
- Bragging Rights: California All-American / Dream Team Wrestlers Pinned
- Triumph Through Tragedy | #NeverStop: Dino Kahaulelio On His Best Game
- Richard Fernando: Salesian Team Manager To The NBA | A #NeverStop Journey
SPAAT’s 2019 OAKLAND ESPY AWARDEES
- Updated: June 6, 2019
SPAAT Announces The 2019 OAKLAND ESPY AWARDEES
A spat (common in sports, popularized by football) is an over-the-cleat ankle tape job that provides support to the ankle, allowing the player to better control his/her body movement and overall athletic performance.
Usually, it is part of the player’s ritual of “getting ready to play the game.” Just like the on the field “spat,” The Student Program for Academic & Athletic Transitioning (SPAAT) was created to provide student athletes with the support needed to be ready to play the game of life.
No matter what sport they play, the organization helps them SPAAT up for life!
And over the of June 1st weekend, SPAAT helped the kids go to their next steps with the 6th Annual ESPY awards ceremony. Designed to recognize, honor and support student-athletes in the Oakland school district, the ESPYs awards students for working as hard in the classroom as they do on the field of play.
At this weekend’s spectacular, SPAAT Co-Founder & CEO, Harold Pearson said, “It is a privilege to honor and celebrate the academic and athletic achievements of our Oakland student-athletes.”
“As a product of the OAL, I believe in giving back to student athletes of the league that helped shape me into the person I am today. The lessons learned during my time in the OAL, gave me the skills and work-ethic to get a college education scholarship and a 25-year career as a mental health clinician. I’ll always be in their debt.” Dave Hill, Founder, StrapemUpSports