- SportStars’ 2019-20 NorCal Team Of The Year VOTE
- Lily Freitas | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Female Athlete of the Year
- Prophet Brown | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Male Athlete of the Year
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 3 | Nos. 25-1
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 2 | Nos. 50-26
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 1 | Nos. 75-51
- SAVE STANFORD WRESTLING
- Lindsey Berg’s Volleyball Keys to More Accurate Setting Using the “W”
- Athlete Season Performance Evaluations
- Clutch Par Bags Golf Championship for CSU Fullerton’s Sara Camarena
- Virtual Recruiting 101 | NCVA Helps Host Volleyball Recruiting Webinars
- Deep Punt | CIF Sports Sidelined Until Mid-December
- California College State Wrestling Championships: A Look Back at 1991
- Bryson’s First Pitch: Resorting To Imagination
- West Park: New Education | School To Debut Amid Strange Times
St. Francis Soccer Pinnacle of Success
- Updated: January 21, 2020
Soccer Program Named Winner of the Inaugural Team Pinnacle Award by United Soccer Coaches
The St. Francis soccer program was named one of 36 high school schools (26 girl’s programs) in the nation to receive the inaugural Team Pinnacle Award by the United Soccer Coaches. The Troubadours were the only program in the state of California to earn the distinction. The awards were announced Friday at the United Soccer Coaches Convention in Baltimore.
“I think it speaks to the quality of the student-athletes we have here at St. Francis, our values as a program and the school we represent,” said Head Coach Maryclaire Robinson ‘86, who was named the Section Coach of the Year by the NFHS. “The Pinnacle is the top of the top.”
Top of the Heap
The St. Francis soccer program was honored for the 2018-19 academic year for achieving a high level of fair play, educational excellence and success on the pitch.
To be considered for this award, teams must have received either the Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze version of the High School or College Team Ethics and Sportsmanship Award; achieved recognition in the classroom as a recipient of the High School Team Academic Award; and record a winning percentage of .750 or higher during the respective season.
“This prestigious new team award designed to recognize a combination of academics, sportsmanship and athletic excellence may be the most difficult award to achieve for any soccer program,” said Steve Veal, United Soccer Coaches Awards Manager.
St. Francis won the 2019 CIF Northern California Division II Regional title after a runner-up finish in the Section playoffs. They finished the season with a 23-3-4 overall record and ranked No. 39 in the TopDrawerSoccer.com Fab 50, No. 16 in the state rankings and No. 6 in the regional list. SFHS was ranked No. 7 in the state and No. 21 in the nation by Maxpreps.
Robinson’s program also received the Ethics Award distinction for the third consecutive season, garnering the Silver Award for the second year in a row, while earning Team Academic Award with a 3.48 Team GPA.
St. Francis is currently 11-2-2 on the season with both national and state rankings entering this week’s action. The Troubies play at Franklin on Wednesday before hosting Cosumnes Oaks on Friday and Christian Brothers on Saturday in the annual Holy Cup.
SCHOOL, CITY, STATE, PROGRAM
- St. Francis Catholic High School, Sacramento, Calif., Girls
- Abraham Lincoln High School, Council Bluffs, Iowa, Girls
- Albemarle High School, Charlottesville, Va., Girls
- Belleville/New Glarus Co-Op High School, Belleville, Wis., Girls
- Benet Academy, Lisle, Ill., Girls
- Bishop Watterson High School, Columbus, Ohio, Girls
- Cambridge Christian School, Tampa, Fla., Girls
- Catholic Memorial High School, Waukesha, Wis., Girls
- Cheyenne Central High School, Cheyenne, Wyo., Girls
- Christ Presbyterian Academy, Nashville, Tenn., Girls
- Ellington High School, Ellington, Conn., Girls
- Hammond School, Columbia, S.C., Girls
- Lee’s Summit West High School, Lee’s Summit, Mo., Girls
- Lincoln Lutheran High School, Lincoln, Neb., Girls
- Louisburg High School, Louisburg, Kan., Girls
- Manheim Central High School, Manheim, Pa., Girls
- Maryvale Preparatory School, Lutherville, Md., Girls
- Mauldin High School, Mauldin, S.C., Girls
- McKeel Academy of Technology, Lakeland, Fla., Girls
- Mt. Vernon High School, Greenfield, Ind., Girls
- Northview High School, Brazil, Ind., Girls
- Poly Prep Country Day School, Brooklyn, N.Y., Girls
- Pomfret School, Pomfret, Conn., Girls
- South River High School, Edgewater, Md., Girls
- Southern Boone County High School, Ashland, Mo., Girls
- Wallenpaupack Area High School, Hawley, Pa., Girls