- West Park: New Education | School To Debut Amid Strange Times
- Anson Aroz: The Constant | Meet Placer Baseball’s Problem Solver
- Little League: Caught In A Pickle | East Bay Chapters Ride COVID Wave
- Fall Sports’ Alternate Reality: An Imagined Sports Future
- SportStars’ Softball Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Players (’11-’20)
- Lindsey Berg Volleyball Tips for Setters
- SportStars’ Overall Boys Athlete Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Male Athletes (’11-’20)
- SportStars’ Overall Girls Athlete Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Female Athletes (’11-’20)
- 2020 AWN’s High School All-American Team
- Mark Tennis: CIF, Sections, Districts Face Tough Decisions In Turbulent Times
- 10 Years Of SportStars’ Staff Memories & Favorites
- MLB Draft 2020: Seven NorCal Natives Selected, Two Stay In Bay
- Nick Yorke, Boston Red Sox 1st Round Pick | SportStar Of The Week
- Kerry McCoy Takes Over California RTC
- Frank Cheek, Legendary Humboldt State Coach Passes
- Updated: January 19, 2017
SportStar Of The Week | Sheldon-Sacramento | Basketball | Senior • The Huskies’ point guard has Sheldon off to a fast start and atop SportStars’ NorCal Top 20 rankings through the first two weeks of January. At just 5-foot-11, Duplechan guided the Huskies to a 12-1 start that includes a 3-0 record in defense of their Delta League championship. He is a four-year varsity player who averaged 14.9 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.8 steals per game last year. In the 2016-17 season, Duplechan led Sheldon to the Tarkanian Classic title in Las Vegas as well as a solid effort in the team’s only loss of the season — a 91-82 setback against defending state champion and owners of a 50-plus game winning streak, Chino Hills. With three transfers now eligible to join him on the court, Duplechan will have even more options to dish the ball to as Sheldon seeks to remain the NorCal team to beat in 2017.
Timmy Falls: The Dublin basketball senior filled up the stat sheet with 25 points, 6 assists, 5 steals and 4 rebounds in a 71-66 win over Amador Valley-Pleasanton on Jan 13. The win pushed the Gaels record to 15-1 overall and 4-0 in the East Bay Athletic League.
Ariel Johnson: The junior wing for St. Mary’s-Stockton posted 22 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals in a 68-65 loss to Centennial-Las Vegas on Jan. 14 in Day 1 of the Rams’ two-day Martin Luther King Showcase event. St. Mary’s bounced back with a 20-point win over Alemany-Mission Hills in Day 2.