- Lindsey Berg: Volleyball Footwork Makes Perfect Passes
- Girls Basketball Fan Vote | SportStars’ NorCal Player Of The Year
- Boys Basketball Fan Vote | SportStars’ NorCal Player Of The Year
- Workouts for Spring Training
- All-NorCal Wrestling Honors | Ike’s Ironmen & Ironwomen 2020
- Roseville Softball | Talented Tigers Wondering If It’s 5-And-Over
- SportStars’ FINAL NorCal Girls Basketball Rankings
- SportStars’ FINAL NorCal Boys Basketball Rankings
- Diablo Valley Wolves Soccer: Diablo FC, Heritage Clubs Join Forces
- Anthony Susac, Jesuit- SportStar of the Week
- GPP- Maximizing Performance: In-Season Training
- James Logan Girls Wrestling | Colts Claim State Title As Sport Skyrockets
- Chase Saldate | Gilroy Wrestling Star’s Countdown To Liftoff
- Viral Disruption: NorCal Teams Cope With State Basketball Cancellations
- SportStar Ashley Hiraki Mitty Girls Basketball
- Lindsey Berg: Volleyball Short Setters Handbook
- SportStars NorCal Baseball Rankings | Top 20, March 10
- Salesian Basketball Sr. Jaden Lazo Scores SportStar of the Week
- Lujan, Nagao, Haas Join Prestigious State Champions Club
- California Wrestling Championship Teams 1973–2020
SPAAT’s 2019 OAKLAND ESPY AWARDEES
- Updated: June 6, 2019
SPAAT Announces The 2019 OAKLAND ESPY AWARDEES
A spat (common in sports, popularized by football) is an over-the-cleat ankle tape job that provides support to the ankle, allowing the player to better control his/her body movement and overall athletic performance.
Usually, it is part of the player’s ritual of “getting ready to play the game.” Just like the on the field “spat,” The Student Program for Academic & Athletic Transitioning (SPAAT) was created to provide student athletes with the support needed to be ready to play the game of life.
No matter what sport they play, the organization helps them SPAAT up for life!
And over the of June 1st weekend, SPAAT helped the kids go to their next steps with the 6th Annual ESPY awards ceremony. Designed to recognize, honor and support student-athletes in the Oakland school district, the ESPYs awards students for working as hard in the classroom as they do on the field of play.
At this weekend’s spectacular, SPAAT Co-Founder & CEO, Harold Pearson said, “It is a privilege to honor and celebrate the academic and athletic achievements of our Oakland student-athletes.”
“As a product of the OAL, I believe in giving back to student athletes of the league that helped shape me into the person I am today. The lessons learned during my time in the OAL, gave me the skills and work-ethic to get a college education scholarship and a 25-year career as a mental health clinician. I’ll always be in their debt.” Dave Hill, Founder, StrapemUpSports