- Volleyball Footwork: Lets Take the Next Step Together
- Spirit Of Sport | A #NeverStop Message By Pat Cruickshank
- Madi Mays Minutemen Softball SportStar of the Week
- SportStars’ Girls Swimming Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Swimmers (’11-’20)
- Shaped By Sports | Tom Costello’s #NeverStop Reflection
- Simpson University Signs Fresno’s Luis Saucedo
- Ben Dillard, Oak Ridge Swimmer – What Would’ve Been
- Hannah Malek, No. 20 | A #NeverStop Basketball Love Story
- YV Soccer- Alejandro Lopez Gets Star Treatment
- CIF Wrestling Medal Count Since 1973 (Individual Champions): Top 25 Schools
- From Callero To Zuardo | One Coach’s #NeverStop Thanks To His Mentors
- Legendary Footprint | Tom Gonsalves Exits St. Mary’s Girls Hoops
- Bragging Rights: California All-American / Dream Team Wrestlers Pinned
- Triumph Through Tragedy | #NeverStop: Dino Kahaulelio On His Best Game
- Richard Fernando: Salesian Team Manager To The NBA | A #NeverStop Journey
Bryce Monroe Riordan Basketball SportStar of the Week
- Updated: April 16, 2020
When SportStars Magazine launched a NorCal boys basketball Player of the Year fan vote on March 31, Bryce Monroe was not among the nine voting options. But after a relentless write-in campaign got him added, the Sam Houston State-bound guard landed more than 23,000 of the 73,000-plus total votes received over a 10-day span.
It earned the first-team All-NorCal Monroe the honor of People’s Choice Player of the Year.
On the court, Monroe delivered a monster senior season that saw him average 20.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. All while playing in the Bay Area’s toughest league (West Catholic) and section playoff field (Central Coast Section Open Division).
Photo credit: David Gershon.
As always, our partners at SportsToday help spread love, running our SportStars of the Week in their Monday e-news letter! Check ’em out when you have a minute.