- Volleyball Footwork: Lets Take the Next Step Together
- Spirit Of Sport | A #NeverStop Message By Pat Cruickshank
- Madi Mays Minutemen Softball SportStar of the Week
- SportStars’ Girls Swimming Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Swimmers (’11-’20)
- Shaped By Sports | Tom Costello’s #NeverStop Reflection
- Simpson University Signs Fresno’s Luis Saucedo
- Ben Dillard, Oak Ridge Swimmer – What Would’ve Been
- Hannah Malek, No. 20 | A #NeverStop Basketball Love Story
- YV Soccer- Alejandro Lopez Gets Star Treatment
- CIF Wrestling Medal Count Since 1973 (Individual Champions): Top 25 Schools
- From Callero To Zuardo | One Coach’s #NeverStop Thanks To His Mentors
- Legendary Footprint | Tom Gonsalves Exits St. Mary’s Girls Hoops
- Bragging Rights: California All-American / Dream Team Wrestlers Pinned
- Triumph Through Tragedy | #NeverStop: Dino Kahaulelio On His Best Game
- Richard Fernando: Salesian Team Manager To The NBA | A #NeverStop Journey
Granite Bay Grinder Rides Again
- Updated: March 7, 2019
More than 1,500 high school mountain bike riders throughout the state are gearing up for their second race of the NorCal High School Cycling League season, aptly dubbed, the Granite Bay Grinder!
The Granite Bay Grinder, NorCal League’s race #2, takes place at the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area at Granite Beach.
Grinding Granite Bay
North Conference teams hit the trails on Saturday, March 16 and South Conference teams have their turn on Sunday, March 17.
Races are start at 9 a.m. both days. There is no fee for spectating, however there is a $12 per vehicle fee to enter the Folsom Lake SRA.
Don’t miss these student athletes who are ready to shift gears, make mud fly and race flat out around Folsom Lake!
We’ve presented high school mountain biking race coverage and are hoping eventually CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) might recognize the sport as high school sanctioned. Much as they have with Cheer just this year.
Look for SportStars Becoming Cheer story coming soon [here].
Supported by Placer Valley Tourism, The NorCal High School Cycling League provides quality mountain bike programs for students grades 9-12. The Granite Bay Grinder is one of the races in a Spring racing series. For these student athletes, it is held at beautiful Folsom Lake. For lodging information, [go here].