- WIN Raiders Cleats! A Social Media/SportStars NOW Giveaway
- Bryson: What If CIF Needs A Plan B For 2020-21?
- Amid Covid Crisis Collin Morikawa Wins. Golf Thrives!
- SportStars’ 2019-20 NorCal Team Of The Year VOTE
- Lily Freitas | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Female Athlete of the Year
- Prophet Brown | SportStars’ 2019-20 Sac-Joaquin Male Athlete of the Year
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 3 | Nos. 25-1
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 2 | Nos. 50-26
- ’19-’20 Bay Area 75 Rankings, Part 1 | Nos. 75-51
- SAVE STANFORD WRESTLING
- Lindsey Berg’s Volleyball Keys to More Accurate Setting Using the “W”
- Athlete Season Performance Evaluations
- Clutch Par Bags Golf Championship for CSU Fullerton’s Sara Camarena
- Virtual Recruiting 101 | NCVA Helps Host Volleyball Recruiting Webinars
- Deep Punt | CIF Sports Sidelined Until Mid-December
Livermore High Wrestling New Book Available
- Updated: July 7, 2020
The storied Livermore Cowboys wrestling tradition is also a family tradition, say brothers Al and Arron Fontes, owners of The California Wrestler blog. Al is a wrestling insider here at SportStars Magazine.
He says, the following is a link to our new book (a yearbook actually chronicling 1963 to current) that my brother, Aaron and I created on the history of our alma mater, Livermore High School wrestling.
It took us many, many hours to compile all the historical data, photos, and mementos that are displayed throughout the 120 pages. This book is the first of its kind. Never in the history of Livermore wrestling (since 1963) has the entire program’s history been put together in one setting. In fact, many from the 1960s and 70s were forgotten…No longer is this the case.
Livermore High School Wrestling History 1963-2020 is a book that relives the glory of the nearly 60 year history of the LHS wrestling program. Not only does this book fully showcase the wrestlers, coaches, teams, and families that have left their mark on the program’s history, it also serves as a time capsule, archiving and preserving over a half centuries worth of LHS wrestling memories!
Within its pages one finds history. Pages of award-winning and decorated athletes. Recounts of the family tradition woven into the fabric of a community sports. Records, titles and medal counts. Coaches, champions, hall of fame and more.
The book is available for sale on Blurb. It is a gift back to a program that has done so much for me, my brother, and many others.