- Volleyball Footwork: Lets Take the Next Step Together
- Spirit Of Sport | A #NeverStop Message By Pat Cruickshank
- Madi Mays Minutemen Softball SportStar of the Week
- SportStars’ Girls Swimming Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Swimmers (’11-’20)
- Shaped By Sports | Tom Costello’s #NeverStop Reflection
- Simpson University Signs Fresno’s Luis Saucedo
- Ben Dillard, Oak Ridge Swimmer – What Would’ve Been
- Hannah Malek, No. 20 | A #NeverStop Basketball Love Story
- YV Soccer- Alejandro Lopez Gets Star Treatment
- CIF Wrestling Medal Count Since 1973 (Individual Champions): Top 25 Schools
- From Callero To Zuardo | One Coach’s #NeverStop Thanks To His Mentors
- Legendary Footprint | Tom Gonsalves Exits St. Mary’s Girls Hoops
- Bragging Rights: California All-American / Dream Team Wrestlers Pinned
- Triumph Through Tragedy | #NeverStop: Dino Kahaulelio On His Best Game
- Richard Fernando: Salesian Team Manager To The NBA | A #NeverStop Journey
Matt Strangio, Jesuit Cross Country CIF Champion
- Updated: December 7, 2019
Sac-Joaquin’s Matt Strangio Kicks to 2nd Cross Country CIF Championship Win
Matt Strangio, Jesuit-Carmichael Cross Country CIF Champion blazed through Fresno’s Woodward Park course in a time of 14 minutes and 44 seconds on Nov. 30. It was 16 full seconds faster than the next closest finisher and delivered Strangio his second consecutive CIF Division I State Championship.
The time was the third-fastest Division I finish in the 33-year history of the state cross country meet.
CONNECT WITH US:
Follow SportStars on Twitter & Instagram | Like us on Facebook | Subscribe!
Jesuit finished second overall in the team standings behind Great Oak-Temecula. In addition to his back-to-back state titles, Strangio also kicked his way to a fourth place state finish as a sophomore. He’s also a two-time Sac-Joaquin Section Masters champion.
For some perspective, Strangio’s freshman time at the state meet in 2016 was 16:21.
SportStars recognizes excellence in athletic achievements like Matts and awards him the SportStar of the Week honors. Congrats Matt.