- West Park: New Education | School To Debut Amid Strange Times
- Anson Aroz: The Constant | Meet Placer Baseball’s Problem Solver
- Little League: Caught In A Pickle | East Bay Chapters Ride COVID Wave
- Fall Sports’ Alternate Reality: An Imagined Sports Future
- SportStars’ Softball Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Players (’11-’20)
- Lindsey Berg Volleyball Tips for Setters
- SportStars’ Overall Boys Athlete Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Male Athletes (’11-’20)
- SportStars’ Overall Girls Athlete Big 10 | NorCal’s Best Female Athletes (’11-’20)
- 2020 AWN’s High School All-American Team
- Mark Tennis: CIF, Sections, Districts Face Tough Decisions In Turbulent Times
- 10 Years Of SportStars’ Staff Memories & Favorites
- MLB Draft 2020: Seven NorCal Natives Selected, Two Stay In Bay
- Nick Yorke, Boston Red Sox 1st Round Pick | SportStar Of The Week
- Kerry McCoy Takes Over California RTC
- Frank Cheek, Legendary Humboldt State Coach Passes
Morgan Dunbar Oakland Basketball SportStar of the Week
- Updated: March 18, 2019
DIII Finals at Golden 1 Center, Sacramento
Morgan Dunbar delivered team-highs in both points (20) and steals (6) as Oakland High defeated McFarland to win the program’s first CIF State Basketball title on March 8.
The Wildcats led 9-8 after the first quarter and never trailed on their way to a 51-35 triumph in the Division III final at Sacramento’s Golden 1 Center.
Defense wins championships!
Defense wins championships, and Oakland proved it. The Wildcats had 19 steals as a team and forced McFarland into 28 turnovers.
Morgan Dunbar scored 11 of her 20 points in the fourth quarter to help put the game away. She also added four rebounds to her effort.
The state title was only the third ever for a girls team from the Oakland Athletic League. The last one belonged to Oakland Tech in 2005.
Feature Photo credit: James K. Leash